'cookieOptions = {...};'

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
My name is Clare I live in Nottinghamshire and work in education supporting students as my full time job but like to make cards, craft and plan as a hobby. I have recently taken up arigurumi crochet, the perfect autumn/winter hobby. I have also decided after a number of years off to pick up my guitar and learn to play again so due to metal strings and crochet hooks the ends of my fingers are slowly toughening up.

Sunday 24 March 2013

Tilda with Mr Rooster

Friday was a snow day! So Clare got to have an extra day card making. I rang Carol at Gemini Crafts, Sutton in Ashfield to see if she had any spaces in her friday class and she said she could squeeze me in. So there I was a quick dive to the bank and off up Sutton and here's what I made:

and here's how:  After cutting all my pieces of card to size I distressed the edges of one in pumice stone and spun sugar (which I borrowed from Sue - Thanks Sue) and then stamped it with a chicken wire stamp in the same colours. That was then layered onto a piece of grey textured card which was in turn layered onto the base card. Some textured pink card was cut using Decorative Labels 4.

I then stamped Tilda onto some card, I did a bit of jiggery pokery shown by Carol so that part of the Rooster was actually outside the diecut shape as shown below.  I distressed the edge and stamped chicken wire again with the spun sugar and then coloured in the image using, from my Spectrum Noir Pastel and Pale Hues sets, PP1 & 2, FS1 & 3 and TN1 & 2. I borrowed a grey Promarker pen from Carol for Tilda's boots and for the grey in the rooster as my greys are cool greys and I needed a warm grey.
 

The Tilda image was added to the pink shape which was stuck using 3D foam pads onto the background card. I then added a pink treble bow after being shown how to make one by Carol and added a little pink heart button to bring in the colour and did a second stamp of Tilda's hair bow and used 3D pads to lift that from the image too.
 
All in all, a lovely class with lovely ladies and a few new techniques learned x
 
Thanks for calling by
 
Love n Light
 
Clare x

1 comment: