'cookieOptions = {...};'

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
My name is Clare I live in Nottinghamshire and work in education supporting students as my full time job but like to make cards, craft and plan as a hobby. I have recently taken up arigurumi crochet, the perfect autumn/winter hobby. I have also decided after a number of years off to pick up my guitar and learn to play again so due to metal strings and crochet hooks the ends of my fingers are slowly toughening up.

Sunday 31 March 2013

Poppy

On Friday 29th I attended a classes at Gemini Crafts with Carol. Here's the resulting card and how it was made:
 

To start with I cut all the pieces of card to size. and stamped three Fun Stamps - Simple Poppy images using memento cocoa.  I used a Hero Arts Script stamp and stamped this down the right hand side of the background card in crushed olive distress ink and then used the Poppy stamp again with fire brick distress ink down the other. I used a distressing tool and used mainly the crushed olive but as the poppy was still a bit damp, this blended to... :-)  I also distressed the piece of card that the main poppy image was on.

I coloured in the poppy in Spectum Noir CR8, 10 & 11 and DG2 & 4.

I layered eveything up wrapping the background piece in two toning ribbons and cut two flowers seperately and curled the petals before sticking them to the main card.  Carol showed me how to make a two toned treble bow to finish the card off.  The other half says it's posh". I would say classy!! Really enjoyed making this one and had a good afternoon with the ladies...
 



No comments:

Post a Comment